Monday 13 February 2017

Sugar & Spice and Women Who Write!

What do I love more than anything in the world? Apart from my family and friends, of course! Well, it's a good book and something sugary to accompany it. That's part of the reason I came to Paris. I wanted to be inspired by some of the great writers that lived and worked here. In addition to that I also wanted to improve my literary skills whilst eating my way through the delicious treats at the bakery. So when the opportunity to sample a brand new tour from Women of Paris, I jumped at the chance to find out more about one of my favourite areas of the city while learning about some incredible women, having a cheeky taste of some classic French fare along the way! 
Heidi, who runs these fantastic tours, came to Paris around the same time that I did and has really honed her craft as an exemplary guide! Meeting on Sunday afternoon at Saint-Germain-des-Près she took me around an area I thought I knew well! It turns out there are lots of nooks and crannys and exquisite buildings that aren't on the usual tourist trail. Why is that I hear you say!? Well, these locations all had something to do with famous women whose stories are often overlooked by the regular spiel trotted out in guidebooks. Did you know where Colette lived? Or where the first all female publishing house was? Women of Paris are there to set the record straight. 
Recently on MNTTN, I've set out my opinions on feminism and how I think we can improve the current situation. Learning about these inspirational women who lived decades, even centuries, before me makes appreciate how far we have come in our struggle for equality. This tour was exactly the kind of experience I love being a part of. Inspiring, fascinating and delicious! I don't want to divulge many more details, because that would spoil it for you but I recommend the next time you visit this romantic city that you certainly book a wander through the past with one of the best guides around! 

Follow Women of Paris on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more exciting information on the new Sugar & Spice and Women Who Write Tour ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment